VortexBox software is developed and maintained by Vortexbox USA
Vortexbox offers many features with frequent updates and enhancements:
Squeezebox users normally only need to connect their vortexbox appliance to their network router and the Squeezebox will automatically detect the vortexbox music library
- Automatically rips and stores bitperfect CDs from in-built CD/DVD drive
- Automatically names and tags music from on-line music databases.
- Automatically downloads album art.
- Automatic sharing of music, video, photos etc to PC, MAC and Linux computers
- Squeezebox LMS Server pre-loaded for use with Logitech SqueezeBox players.
- Automatic re-indexing of Library after every CD is ripped.
- Support BBC iPlayer (Radio). Play live BBC, last 7 days programmes.or last years (UK)
- UPnP/DLNA - stream to Naim Uniti, Cyrus, Linn, B&O Encore, Marrantz etc + Smart TV!
- Simple connection to SONOS network players
- Support USB connected DACs at upto 192Khz/24 bit (inc DSD on supported devices)
- Internet radio inc Spotify, Napster, Deezer and Qobuz flac streaming (on supported devices)
Connect powered speakers or an amplifier to the in-built audio output green mini-jack or use a USB DAC driven by vortexbox player which can be controlled from a browser a multitude of free/low cost Apps on Apple/Android tablets/phones (iPeng, Orange Squueze, Squeezebox, Squeezedroid, Squeezer, Squeeze Commander etc)
There are additional complimentary applications on vortexbox that can be enabled:
Bliss cover/tag management, Subsonic music streaming/sharing, PLEX media Server, etc . . . . Just tick the box in the web interface and press Submit.
The simplest way to back-up your digital music files is to attach a USB hard drive to vortexbox. From the web interface vortexbox will back your music onto the drive. This is smart enough to add only new items since your last back-up
Connect again when you have more music and vortexbox will add the new files including any that have been added from external sources. 'Restore' function will automatically rebuild all missing music and data from USB. Keep this drive in a drawer so that you still have all your music if your Vortexbox is lost or damaged
The USB drive is formatted by vortexbox for USB backup. Existing data on the drive will be lost
The Update button on the VortexBox Web Interface will update the SW to current levels within each major SW release. VortexBox incorporates many 3rd party software items and it is impossible to fully test every function and interaction. SW updates make changes to your system and may change the way that it operates so it is sensible to backup your system before a software upgrade.
Please also see our latest product Vortexbox Nova